Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Budget Primal Challenge

I'm not much of a blogger, so this will probably be kinda rough.  I signed up to participate in a Budget Primal Challenge over at Prague Stepchild.

Sean Abbott, blogger at Prague Stepchild, has an offer out to any budget conscious paleo/primals to prove that Grok can eat on a budget, thus the weekly challenge.

So I signed up to participate.

I'm going to stick to an 1800 to 2200 calorie per day intake and strive to eat frugally.  I'll make every effort to document the prices of the foods that I eat for the week.

Start day is today, Wednesday May 11, 2011.

One of the staples that I will base my week on is Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast.

Why? 
I like Chicken Breast


  1. It's not expensive
  2. Chicken Breast is very versatile
  3. I have 80 Lbs in the freezer that I bought when it was on sale
I will cook up [Grill] 3.7 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast [59.20 ounces].  This gives me approximately 8.5 ounces of chicken per day for 7 days.  The cost per ounce @ $1.69/LB is .1056/ounce or about .90/day. {actual cost for week is $6.25}

8.5 ounces of grilled chicken breast will give me 400 calories per day - [cost per 100 calories is 22.5 cents]


This is a good start to the week. - Stay Tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I buy chicken leg quarters - they're cheaper and give me plenty of bones to make homemade chicken broth! Yum!

    ReplyDelete